Museum open 7-days-a-week, 10am-5pm
The Lake Superior Railroad Museum is just one of four exhibiting organizations in the Historic Union Depot in downtown Duluth. As one of Duluth’s most affordable attractions it also offers more to do under one roof than any other attraction. The Lake Superior Railroad Museum is the highlight of everyone’s visit, but be sure to plan on exploring all there is to do at Duluth Depot. Pre-purchase your tickets for faster admission when you arrive, you can also purchase them at the ticket office.
Museum Hours and Tickets
Admission rates for the Lake Superior Railroad Museum:
- Adults 14 and over – $14.00
- Children 3 – 13 – $7.00
- Children 2 and under – Free
- 10am – 5pm daily (Open until 6pm if an evening train excursion is operating)
- Holiday Closures: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day,
New Years Eve, New Years Day
- Weather closings: Museum only closes if the Duluth Transit Authority (DTA) closes/cancels bus service due to snow.
The Lake Superior Railroad Museum will be closing early on select dates for performances of the Christmas City Express:
- 4 pm: 11/24, 12/1, 12/8, and 12/15
- 3 pm: 11/25, 12/2, 12/3, 12/9, 12/10, 12/16, and 12/17
- Active Duty Military and Veterans receive $1 off per ticket with ID
- With a train ticket for the North Shore Scenic Railroad, museum passes are 50% off
- There are no AAA, Senior, or AARP discounts
- The Depot complex has two City-Operated parking ramps on both sides of the building. They each have a pay station, with free parking in the evenings and Sundays (please read signs and pay accordingly).
- Off-street parking is also available infront of the Depot, with meters
- Trains are on Track-Level, and you can enter directly into the train museum by coming in through the North Shore Scenic Railroad station lobby.
>> Specific directions can be found here <<